Have Questions? | Habe Fragen?
Always the correct part
We know our products
Ships To Your Door
Echo Mobile Trailer Brake Controller #51180
The Echo™ mobile trailer brake controller is truly a brake control for the modern age. It plugs...
The Echo™ mobile trailer brake controller is truly a brake control for the modern age. It plugs into your vehicle and wirelessly connects to your smartphone, allowing you to control and monitor all trailer brake activity right from your own device. It comes with a customizable app for Apple or Android phones, a portable design to easily switch between vehicle-trailer combinations and a durable, weather-resistant construction.
Most things in this day and age can be accessed or controlled from a smartphone. With the Echo™, that includes your trailer brakes. Echo™ is powered by a Bluetooth-enabled system that connects right to your smartphone. Your phone becomes the brake control monitoring unit in the cab of your vehicle. There is no need for extra modules, controls, buttons or knobs.
The Echo™ mobile trailer brake controller has one of the easiest installations in the industry. It simply plugs into the standard 7-way RV blade socket at the rear of your vehicle and provides a socket to plug in the trailer harness. It Ts into the connection, going between the vehicle and trailer plugs, and it is completely non-invasive. It also features automatic calibration to help eliminate setup requirements.
The Echo™ trailer brake controller comes with a custom-designed app that can be downloaded for iOS or Android OS phones. With this app, the wireless brake control is able to connect to your smartphone and display brake control settings and activity. It also sends you status updates and allows you to receive incoming calls while the app is running. Note: If Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings.
With its compact design and simple, plug-and-play installation, the Echo™ is extremely portable. You can easily transfer it between vehicles and use it with multiple trailers, as long as the vehicle and trailer have a 7-way RV blade connector. The Echo™ Smart Control app allows you to store multiple vehicle-trailer profiles, making ideal for commercial fleets.
Because the Echo™ mobile trailer brake controller is made to be outside the vehicle, we engineered it for maximum weather resistance. It is constructed with a potted enclosure, meaning the inside of the unit is filled with an epoxy resin that seals off the internal components from moisture and the elements. This ensures long-lasting operation in spite of rain, snow, dirt, mud and more. The Echo™ also has a locking tab for connecting to the 7-way RV blade vehicle socket. This tab helps maintain a strong connection.
The Echo™ mobile brake controller operates using a triple-axis motion-sensing accelerometer -- an integrated circuit that produces smooth, safe stops every time. It is compatible with two to four trailer brakes (one to two axles) and can be used with low-voltage or PWM wiring systems. Echo™ is also compatible with cruise control and ABS brakes and has built-in reverse-polarity protection and short-circuit protection. It is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Wireless, portable design allows for easy transfer from one vehicle to another
- Bluetooth connection to control all brake settings from your smartphone
- Custom-designed app monitors brake activity and sends status updates
- Zero-tool, plug-and-play install between vehicle-trailer 7-way connectors
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Stores multiple user and vehicle-trailer profiles
- Multi-color LED indicates power, trailer detection and wireless connectivity
- Potted circuit board is sealed off from the elements for lasting durability
- Locking tab helps maintain a strong 7-way connection
- Automatic calibration reduces setup requirements
- Downloadable app available for Apple iOS and Android OS
- Allows incoming calls to be received while app is running
- Compatible with low-volt, PWM, ABS, cruise control and electric over hydraulic
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Assembled in USA
- If Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings.
- Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when the vehicle is stationary.
- Not compatible, but will not interfere, with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
|Side Application Type Description
|Mount Type Description
|1 - 2
CURT│Echo™ Brake Control Feature and Benefit
Installation Instructions: CURT 51180 Echo™ Mobile Brake Control
Used products may not be returned.
Within 10 days of receipt of your shipment, you may return new/unused items. A 20% restocking fee and return shipment cost will be deducted from the refund.
If your shipment arrives and is missing any parts contact us within 4 days of the delivered date.
We cannot exchange items. A new order will need to be placed. When the original order is returned, a refund will be issued for the items.
If your order has not been shipped, you may cancel your order. If your order has been shipped, we cannot cancel the order.
Our website generates an estimated delivery date accordingly to your location. Shipping costs are nonrefundable after the shipping service we use is already paid. Shipments may take a a few more days to arrive but the shipping service selected by the customer is selected when the order is shipped out.
If a return order was placed with paid shipping, the paid amount for shipping is nonrefundable.
Contact us at 888-894-4824 or firstname.lastname@example.org for order cancellations.