CURT Class 1 Trailer Hitch with Ball Mount #119003
Share this Product
However you define adventure -- whether it''s climbing onto the back of a mountain bike, hunting from the top of a tree stand or camping with the family a long way from nowhere -- CURT class 1 hitches provide a light-duty towing receiver to help you Bring It. Each is made to fit a specific vehicle, providing easier installation, a better fit and optimal towing capacity.
Custom class 1 trailer hitches are available for a variety of smaller vehicle types, including the compact car, crossover, minivan and small SUV. This particular class 1 hitch is designed to be a custom hitch for certain years of the Chevy Camaro and Cadillac CTS (to verify vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). Tested in accordance with SAE J684, it offers a weight carrying capacity of 2,000 lbs. GTW and 200 lbs. TW. It is equipped with 1 1/4" receiver tube opening and comes with a 1 1/4" old-style ball mount to be a complete towing kit. This hitch and ball mount combination also comes with a hitch pin and clip as well as all necessary mounting hardware. With its lightweight design and smaller receiver tube size, a class 1 hitch is especially useful for adding cargo space with a hitch-mounted bike rack or cargo carrier. They can also typically be used to tow small trailers such as a utility trailer, kayak trailer or teardrop camper (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
Though CURT class 1 trailer hitches are only intended for light-duty towing, we apply the same principles of quality as we do to the rest of our rear mount hitches. Each class 1 hitch is made with hands-on engineering, high-strength steel and precise welding. We use a co-cured finish of liquid Bonderite and black powder coat to provide a lasting defense against rust and UV damage. Like all CURT receiver hitches, this class 1 hitch is made in the USA and backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a cast, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" ball mount features a 3/4" hole to accept a trailer ball shank
- Old-style ball mount can be flipped to provide drop or rise
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Installation requires minor fascia trimming
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer''s stated capacities
- Includes ball mount #45521 (trailer ball sold separately), pin & clip (Uses pre-existing vehicle hardware for installation)
|Product Type Description||Class 1 Trailer Hitch|
|Weight Carrying Capacity(WC)||2,000 LB|
|Tongue Weight(TW)||200 LB|
|Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW)||n/a|
|Receiver Tube Size||1.25|