CURT Class 1 Trailer Hitch #11712
For availability contact one of our locations here
Operating hours 8am-4:30pm CST Monday-Friday
Share this Product
CURT class 1 trailer hitches are the lightest-duty hitches of our rear mount receiver lineup. They are engineered for reliability, welded together with quality American steel and blasted clean for a smooth finish. Tested to meet the strict demands of the industry, this CURT class 1 hitch has a capacity to tow up to 1,000 lbs. of gross trailer weight and 100 lbs. of tongue weight. This means it can handle a variety of small trailers such as single-axle utility trailers, canoe and kayak trailers, dirt bike trailers and more. It can also accept a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack, making it a very useful addition to cars with limited cargo space (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
Class 1 hitches feature a 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" receiver tube opening and are typically mounted on compact cars, full-size cars and some smaller crossover SUVs, minivans and compact SUVs. This particular hitch is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Porsche 924 or 944 coupe with OEM bumper only (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). It comes with a hitch pin and clip and all necessary installation hardware.
Each CURT class 1 hitch is co-cured with a liquid Bonderite coating and a high-gloss black powder coat finish that provide a lasting defense against rust, wear and harmful UV rays. Like all CURT receiver hitches, this class 1 hitch is made right here in the USA and is backed by a one-year finish warranty and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a cast, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer''s stated capacities
- Includes installation hardware, pin & clip
|Product Type Description||Class 1 Trailer Hitch|
|Weight Carrying Capacity(WC)||1,000 LB|
|Tongue Weight(TW)||100 LB|
|Receiver Tube Size||1.25|
|Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW)||n/a|