CURT Class 1 Trailer Hitch with Ball Mount #114203
Share this Product
However you define adventure -- whether it''s climbing onto the back of a mountain bike, hunting from the top of a tree stand or camping with the family a long way from nowhere -- CURT class 1 hitches provide a light-duty towing receiver to help you Bring It. Each is made to fit a specific vehicle, providing easier installation, a better fit and optimal towing capacity.
Custom class 1 trailer hitches are available for a variety of smaller vehicle types, including the compact car, crossover, minivan and small SUV. This particular class 1 hitch is designed to be a custom hitch for certain years of the Scion iM hatchback (to verify vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). Tested in accordance with SAE J684, it offers a weight carrying capacity of 2,000 lbs. GTW and 200 lbs. TW. It is equipped with 1 1/4" receiver tube opening and comes with a 1 1/4" old-style ball mount to be a complete towing kit. This hitch and ball mount combination also comes with a hitch pin and clip as well as all necessary mounting hardware. With its lightweight design and smaller receiver tube size, a class 1 hitch is especially useful for adding cargo space with a hitch-mounted bike rack or cargo carrier. They can also typically be used to tow small trailers such as a utility trailer, kayak trailer or teardrop camper (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
Though CURT class 1 trailer hitches are only intended for light-duty towing, we apply the same principles of quality as we do to the rest of our rear mount hitches. Each class 1 hitch is made with hands-on engineering, high-strength steel and precise welding. We use a co-cured finish of liquid Bonderite and black powder coat to provide a lasting defense against rust and UV damage. Like all CURT receiver hitches, this class 1 hitch is made in the USA and backed by a limited lifetime warranty and one-year finish warranty.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a cast, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" ball mount features a 3/4" hole to accept a trailer ball shank
- Old-style ball mount can be flipped to provide drop or rise
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer''s stated capacities
- Includes ball mount #45521, installation hardware, pin & clip
- Trailer ball sold separately
|Product Type Description||Class 1 Trailer Hitch|
|Receiver Tube Size||1.25|
|Weight Carrying Capacity(WC)||2,000 LB|
|Tongue Weight(TW)||200 LB|
|Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW)||n/a|