CURT SECURELATCH BALL & PINTLE HITCH (2-5/16" BALL, 20,000 LBS.) #48410
For availability contact one of our locations here
Operating hours 8am-4:30pm CST Monday-Friday
Share this Product
SecureLatch makes hooking up your trailer as easy as Strike. Drop. Auto-lock! Integrated into this SecureLatch pintle hitch is an automatic locking mechanism that secures the primary latch without any manual coupling required. Simply back your vehicle up to the lunette ring -- the built-in striker plate helps stop and center the lunette ring. Drop the ring down onto the ball and hook and let the auto-locking latch do the rest! Just install the secondary safety pin.
This SecureLatch pintle ball and hook combination is also unique from other pintle hitches with its cupped design. Instead of letting the ring slop with every acceleration, brake and bump, the cupped hook holds the ring tighter fore and aft. This results in smoother, quieter heavy-duty towing.
SecureLatch pintle hitches are fast and easy to adjust, featuring a unique slotted plate mount (pintle mount and bolts sold separately). Simply loosen two bolt plates and adjust the height of the ball and hook as needed. This ensures level towing of your trailer with only one tool needed and no disassembly required.
This SecureLatch ball and pintle is rated for 20,000 pounds gross trailer weight and couples to lunette rings with a 2-1/2-inch or 3-inch inside diameter. It has a standard 2-5/16-inch ball to connect to a standard coupler and is rated for 14,000 pounds ball capacity. The hitch is constructed from cast iron that is austempered for superior strength and resistance to wear. To protect this hook from the elements, it is covered in a battleship grey finish.
- Auto-locking system secures primary latch without manual coupling required
- Cupped hook tightly holds lunette ring fore and aft to reduce chucking and noise
- Built-in back plate helps position coupler or lunette ring for easier hookup
- Fits SecureLatch pintle mounts with slotted plate (sold separately)
- Quick, easy, one-tool height adjustments -- no disassembly required
- Integrated, intermediate safety chain hangers keep chains off the ground
- Rated for 20,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 14,000 lbs. ball capacity
- Couples to 2-5/16" couplers or lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Cast iron construction is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance
- Battleship grey finish for excellent exterior durability
- Bright zinc-plated hardware for corrosion resistance (mount bolts not included)
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- SecureLatch pintle mount and bolts required for installation (sold separately)
- Safety pin must be installed before towing
- U.S. patent# 9,789,742; Canadian patent# 2,836,683, 3,040,259 and 3,044,875; Australian patent# 2014366795; European patent# 14871983.4
|Ball Diameter||2-5/16 IN
|Ball Capacity||14,000 LB|
||Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||20,000 LB|
|Finish||BATTLESHIP GREY FINISH|