CURT Replacement 1-7/8" Switch Ball Trailer Ball (Fits 1-1/8" Neck) #42780
Share this Product
CURT Switch Ball trailer balls are a breakthrough in trailer ball technology. As a result of CURT innovation and engineering genius, Switch Balls offer the ultimate in convenience and reliability for a variety of light-duty and medium-duty towing applications. Essentially, a CURT Switch Ball is a trailer ball shank with a removable head. With its exclusive J-groove design, the Switch Ball trailer ball allows different heads or ball sizes to be places on the shank for accommodating different coupler sizes. This means there is no need to switch between ball mounts or even to own a second ball mount to fit an additional trailer. When you need to make the switch, simply twist the Switch Ball head, lift it off and twist on another. The J-groove ensures a solid hold on your trailer, while still allowing for easy removal of the trailer ball without tools or pins.
This CURT Switch Ball trailer ball head features a 1-7/8" ball diameter and a 1-1/8" neck hole diameter. It is constructed from premium-grade steel for optimum strength and has a bright nickel-chrome finish for lasting rust resistance. It is rated to tow up to 8,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and is tested in accordance with SAE J684 for safety.
- Fits 1-7/8" couplers and accepts up to 8,000 lbs. GTW
- Exclusive 'J' groove design for secure attachment to the shank
- No tools, coins or pins required for trailer ball installation
- Shank bears the weight, freeing the coupler from friction and binding
- Constructed from high-strength steel
- Protected by a premium grade, nickel chrome-plated finish
- Independently tested in accordance with SAE J684 for safety and proven safe
- U.S. patent# 5,169,168; Canadian patent# 1,325,445
|Side Application Type Description||Blank|
|Mount Type Description||Blank|
|Part Type||Replacement Switch Ball Trailer Ball|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)|