Even with the roomiest of vehicles, packing the car for a long trip can quickly turn into a frustrating game of Tetris. CURT cargo carriers are a simple yet effective solution for maximizing the storage area of your vehicle. The advantage of a hitch-mounted cargo carrier is that it can be mounted on the rear or front end of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is properly equipped with the right receiver hitch. Mounting a cargo carrier in the front opens up the rear receiver hitch for towing a trailer or adding a second carrier or bike rack if needed. The hitch-mounted design also makes installation quick and easy.
CURT basket cargo carriers feature a strong bolt-together design and are made with heavy-duty carbide steel and a tubular construction for increased strength. One of the advantages of the basket style is its 6" high sides. These provide extra security and peace of mind during travel. This particular basket cargo carrier features a 2" x 2" bent, folding shank to provide more ground clearance and to fold up and out of the way whenever necessary. It also comes with a strong mesh platform to accept up 500 lbs. of cargo and has a durable black powder coat finish to resist rust, scratches and UV damage. Whether you prefer the hitch-mounted carrier or the roof rack option, CURT has cargo management solutions to meet your needs.
- 6" tall sides keep items more secure during travel
- Frees up space inside the vehicle for passengers and cargo
- Constructed from heavy-duty, tubular steel
- Folding shank allows carrier to be tilted up when not in use
- Angled shank elevates carrier for more ground clearance
- Mesh base for easy cleanup
- Built-in reflectors add visibility for increased safety
- Easily accepts a cargo bag, cargo net or bungees
- Protected by a highly durable E-coat and carbide black powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Rear-mounted spare tires may interfere with folding feature
- Inside dimensions: 60" x 23-3/4" x 5-1/2"
|Part Type||Basket-Style Cargo Carrier|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)|
|Dimensions||60 IN x 24 IN x 6 IN|
|Receiver Tube Size||2|
|Finish||CARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT|
|Quantity Per Package||1|