CURT Short Trunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch Kit (10K - 15K lbs., 28-3/8" Bars) #17422
Share this Product
The CURT weight distribution hitch is a specialized towing system that provides improved vehicle and trailer control by leveling the trailer and more evenly distributing its tongue weight across the trailer's and vehicle's axles. Weight distribution hitches are commonly used on travel trailers and campers but can also be applied to other large loads.
CURT WD hitches come with a 2" x 2" shank and are compatible with class 3, 4 and most 5 trailer hitches, including Xtra Duty and Commercial Duty (2-1/2" replacement WD shank may be required), as well as some RV trailer hitches. While a weight distribution hitch will increase the gross trailer weight capacity of most trailer hitches, the vehicle's weight carrying capacity must be taken into consideration before towing a heavier trailer (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).
This trunnion bar weight distribution hitch features a heavy-duty formed head and square spring bars constructed from forged steel. It offers a gross trailer weight capacity up to 15,000 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 1,500 lbs. It also includes hook-up brackets, spring bar safety chains, a trailer ball and a pin and clip. To protect this hitch from scratching, chipping, rust and UV damage, it also comes with a durable black powder coat finish. For added sway control, this weight distribution hitch includes a sway control unit. While weight distribution hitches are an effective solution for stabilizing and leveling out your towing rig, they should not be considered a sway control. However, when combined with a CURT sway control kit, the WD hitch maximizes its effectiveness in controlling sway. The sway control kit includes a sway control unit, trailer balls to attach to the trailer and hitch, a reinforcement plate and attachment clips.
- Levels tow vehicle and trailer by redistributing a portion of the tongue weight
- Includes sway control kit #17200 to help reduce trailer sway
- Equipped with 28-3/8" trunnion-style, forged steel spring bars
- Heavy-duty, formed head can be adjusted for precise leveling
- Sway control easily mounts on built-in sway control attachment tabs
- 2" shank can be flipped to provide necessary drop or rise
- 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" WD replacement shank also available
- Snap-up brackets and lift handle allow for easy leveraging of spring bars
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Includes a pre-torqued 2-5/16" trailer ball
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes weight distribution hitch, sway control unit and trailer ball
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty (One-Year Finish, One-Year Parts)|
|Part Type||Trunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch|
|Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)||15,000 LB|
|Tongue Weight(TW)||1,500 LB|
|Finish||CARBIDE BLACK POWDER COAT|