CURT Class 3 Multi-Fit Trailer Hitch #13901
Share this Product
When a custom hitch is not available for your vehicle, CURT offers the multi-fit hitch. Designed to be the ultimate in versatility, CURT universal trailer hitches fit several different vehicle manufacturers, including Ford, Chevy, GMC and more. The multi-fit hitch is a universally designed alternative to our custom hitches. It provides a more affordable option and flexibility in installation. Very simply, a CURT multi-fit trailer hitch uses a sliding or adjustable frame to match the width of your vehicle''s frame. In general, multi-fit hitches are used on mid-size and full-size pickup trucks and SUVs.
This class 3 multi-fit trailer hitch features a gross trailer weight capacity of 5,000 lbs., a tongue weight capacity of 500 lbs. and a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening, making it an excellent choice for towing utility trailers, single-horse livestock trailers, boat trailers and large campers, as well as cargo carriers and bike racks. For a little extra towing power and stability, this multi-fit hitch can also be used in combination with a weight distribution system, bringing its gross trailer weight capacity up to 7,500 lbs. and its tongue weight capacity up to 750 lbs. (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).
Each CURT universal hitch starts as a prototype that is evaluated, tested and tweaked to be as universal in application as possible without sacrificing CURT quality. Once the prototype has been perfected, we employ robotic welding and our dedicated team of associates to produce universal trailer hitches that are worthy to bear the CURT name. Each multi-fit hitch is also thoroughly cleaned and descaled until it is ready for our co-curing Bonderite coating and powder coat. To protect it from the wear and tear of the road ahead, this CURT multi-fit hitch comes with a gloss black powder coat finish and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Features multiple mounting holes to fit a variety of vehicles
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Robotically welded for superior strength and fit
- Requires little or no drilling on most models
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a cast, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- See instruction sheet for a full application list
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer''s stated capacities
- Includes installation hardware
|Product Type Description||Multi-Fit Trailer Hitch|
|Gross Trailer Weight(GTW)||5,000 LB|
|Tongue Weight(TW)||500 LB|
|Weight Distribution(WD)||7,500 LB|
|Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW)||750 LB|
|Receiver Tube Size||2|